[3830] Commonwealth VE3QAA Restricted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3QAA Restricted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:30:20 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3QAA
Operator(s): VE3QAA
Station: VE3QAA

Class: Restricted HP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 11.8

   10:    0
------------
Total:  402  Total Score = 4,270

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I had intended to enter the "open" category, but was not well prepared for the
contest, and in addition had a late start due to oversleeping.  Also, I did a
very poor job of planning the "off" periods, which make the restricted category
a real challenge.

Station consists of an FT-1000D, an Alpha 87, and an all-band wire antenna. (No
aluminum).

Conditions were fairly good, except that 10m was a complete bust!  There were no
great disappointments, and was pleased to be called by some good ones during
runs, including 9H3RN, 9H1ZA (twice), VU2UR, P3J, VP8NO, and ZS75PTA.  Also
worked 9M2, 9M6, 9J2.  I had one very good run on 40m - over an hour without a
break.

I plan a more serious entry next year, with better preparation.  It would be
nice if RSGB would include a Club competition similar to the ARRL and CQ
contests.

Bert,  VE3QAA