[3830] ARRLDX SSB N4TZ/9 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4tz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N4TZ/9 SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:17:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4TZ/9
Operator(s): N4TZ/9
Station: N4TZ/9

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   21    16
   80:   85    50
   40:   83    54
   20:  254    74
   15:  259    83
   10:   93    35
-------------------
Total:  796   312  Total Score = 742,248

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Now I know why so many guys have switched to Windows
based logging programs - you can spend all of the time
that there is no one to work writing up your contest
results!  The second day was slower than Sweepstakes
Sundays.

Considering that the top half of my former antenna
system was a casualty of the January ice storms, I
expected that my score would decrease from last year.
As expected, my log is 100% S&P.  My peak
"rate" was 48 for three hours Saturday morning.

I worked less than 100 people during the last 14 hours
of the contest.  Only a couple of dozen Europeans on
twenty meters, none on 15 or 10.  I heard no JAs on 40
or 80 the first night, and only worked one on 40 Sunday
morning.  Things were so low that TRLog estimated my
operating time as 36.8 hours while I spent nearly 43
hours in the chair!  During the 1500z hour on Sunday
I worked a total of three people.  No one would respond
to my calls, although the people I called were working
fellows on both coasts.

Now to finish the teardown of the antenna system so
I can rebuild it this summer.  The aluminum is purchased,
and being stored at the N9RV qth to soak-up some that that
magic he uses.