[3830] CQ160 SSB W7DX(N9ADG) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W7DX(N9ADG) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:31:38 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W7DX
Operator(s): N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA

Total:  QSOs = 655  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 12  Total Score = 103,972

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Thanks to the WWDXC for allowing me to use the club call sign, was great to be a
"7" in the "7th" area. Thanks to all those who had the patience to stick by to
repeat (and repeat) their calls and states through the QRN, QSB, and QRM.
Apologies to those that I wasn't able to pull out -- sometimes the receiving
antennas were better, sometimes the vertical -- and multiple repeats allowed me
time to switch them around to find out the best. Will likely try a preamp for
the receive antenna side in the near future to bring up the levels a bit.

Murphy through a bad cold at me the day before the contest -- hold the chicken
soup, the best medicine was staying up all night for two nights in the contest!

First time I've run "the power" in a contest (800 to 1100w), and it's a heady
experience to be able to make it through pileups in less than a dozen calls
(most of the time anyway).  I tried for a personal best, and pretty much
achieved it. Mostly calm weather allowed the blimp-supported-vertical to put in
it's best performance yet.

Again, thanks to all for the q's and generous repeats.