[3830] ARRLDX CW LY8O(LY4XX) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ly2mw@ot.lt
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW LY8O(LY4XX) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:41:35 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: LY8O
Operator(s): LY4XX
Station: LY1PM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: KO25TN
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   31    17
   80:  157    30
   40:  356    49
   20:  566    56
   15:  364    38
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1474   189  Total Score = 826,119

Club: LCG

Comments:

First contest using this call. Best result ever for me on 160 and 80 meters band
with poor antennas. 40 m. 4 el yagi was broken by strong wind one week before
the contest so operation was with higher SWR (best 1.8) and lower power because
of this problem. Also conditions on 40 m was poor and lost 200 QSOs to compare
with last year. 15 m was poor as well and no luck with 10 m at all. Anyway I
have a fun to introduce LY8O call and I hope things will go better next time.
Equipment: IC-756PROII (first contest with this fantastic transceiver), Inverted
Vee (center about 20mH only) on 160m., wire vertical on 80m. (with broken
beverage antenna for RX total about 50m lenght instead of 200m...), broken 4 el
yagi on 40m. and 3 x KT34 on 20/15/10 meters. PA 1KW. Old some problematical
laptop Compaq Armada 1700 (wife canceled my wish to take another better laptop
to the contest because she has some work at home).
Thans to everyone for the contest and I hope to hear you next time!

73, Remi LY4XX / LY8O