[3830] ARRLDX CW W5ZL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5zl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W5ZL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:49:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5ZL
Operator(s): W5ZL
Station: W5ZL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 14.75

  160:    7     7
   80:   27    25
   40:  125    58
   20:  124    60
   15:  140    54
   10:   40    25
-------------------
Total:  463   229  Total Score = 315,333

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I really wanted to be out at W5KFT playing with The Big Boys, but my recent
travel schedule wasn't conducive to disappearing for the weekend so I played a
little from home. Mostly this was about having some fun and filling in a few low
a=band countries that I am woefully behind in accumulating. Accomplished both
missions with varying degrees of success. The best part was after returning home
from a dinner party Saturday night and hitting the contest from about 12:30 to
about 4:15 a.m. local time. Fun times on pretty quiet low bands.

All QSOs were S&P. I made a couple of feeble attempts at calling CQ but gave up
before I wasted too much time - not one single return to my CQs.

Rig: Icom 756 Pro II, Tennadyne T-11 log periodic at 51 ft. for 10-20, W9INN
dipoles for 40-160, N1MM Logger. Hopefully by the next major CW contest I'll
have my SDR-1000 working in contest mode. There were MANY times this weekend
when its 25 Hz filter would have come in very handy!