[3830] RTTY WPX NB1B(@W1KM) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NB1B(@W1KM) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:55:02 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: W1KM

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Mass

   80:  667  2678
-----------------
Total:  667  2678  Prefixes = 372  Total Score = 996,216

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Missed my precontest goal by two 6-Pt QSOs or 1 Mult!  1,000,000 looks so much
nicer than 996K!  On top of that, I have one "mystery" QSO in my log that might
be a mult- if I can ever figure out whom it might be.  My apologies in advance
to whomever got that QSO- due to my oversight, you won't be in the log.

           80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    EU     300      0      0      0      0     300    45.0
    NA     352      0      0      0      0     352    52.8
    AS       5      0      0      0      0       5     0.7
    SA       4      0      0      0      0       4     0.6
    AF       3      0      0      0      0       3     0.4
    OC       3      0      0      0      0       3     0.4

Best hour- 0300 to 0400Z Saturday, 54 QSOs.

Europe was definitely where the action was.  I heard one JA the entire weekend;
he heard me, but he never came up out of the noise again before the band dropped
and he was gone.  Mike VK6HD was good and strong, audible both mornings.  On
Saturday afternoon Europe was audible at 2100Z, but they sure couldn't hear me.
 Z37M, UU7J, S54E, LX8M, and 9A7R, in particular, were all LOUD.  80M was also
good to Europe on Sunday afternoon, but it seems that by the time the band
opened to the US most of the Europeans were either asleep or on another band.

Rig:  FT1000MP w/roofing filter
Amp:  Acom 2000A
Antenna:  Full size 80M 4-square in a salt water marsh on the shores of the
Atlantic
Rx Antennas: Beverages NE, S, and W
Computer: 750MHz Athlon Clone
Sound Card: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Software:  Writelog with MMTTY plug-in

Thanks for the Q's.  Hope to CU next week in ARRL DX CW.

Dennis NB1B