[3830] CQ WW RTTY SM6WET SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6wet@telia.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY SM6WET SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:37:15 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: SM6WET
Operator(s): SM6WET
Station: SM6WET

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Falköping, Sweden

   80:    0    0       0       0     0
   40:   31   63       0      16     4
   20:  119  290      19      36    18
   15:   76  207      16      31    20
   10:    0    0       0       0     0
Total:  226  560      35      83    42  Total Score = 89,600

Club: Falköpings Radio Club

Comments:

This was to be my first RTTY contest as a singel operator. I had a few years
back joined with team SK6NP to a MM operation were we won in Sweden.

Equipment:
Yaesu FT-920 (No SSB filter)
100W
3el Tribander from ECO (up only 7m from ground)

Software: Writelog for Windows and MMTTY plug-in running AFSK.

Start time here in Sweden is 2AM in the morning. Me and YL went to bed at 2300
and after 3 hours sleep it was time to get up and in for the fight.
10-15-20 was beat dead. There was NOTHING. I checked 40 and quite many signals
came in. I worked a few on my coax using my tribander as a top-hat but it was
just a few to get up the multis. 2 hours later and not much in the log I went to
bed.
Saturday was really alot better, conditions picked up and let me work some new
all-time countries for me (Got HF in april this year). Actually, I think 15 was
better then 20 on Saturday.

I did take a break on Saturday to operate in the SAC SSB Contest but activity
was not as big there. I heard mostly Swedish and Finnish stations. I think those
contest should be coordinated with eachother because the always crash and that
is a pity.

On Saturday evening I riged up a temp Inv-V dipol for 40m and I could work a few
stations but I recieved problems. When transmitting on the 40m dipol I recieved
RF coming down my basement shcak with the coax for the tribander and Vice Versa.
I had to completely take down the dipol but I still had problems. People would
report GREAT SIGNAL - NO LETTERS! or LETTERS BUT NO NUMBERS.

A few questions to mailing lists solved it for me but not untill Sunday
morning.
It seems AFC was in and had turned my Mark all the way down to 900.
Thank you to George Skoubis KF9YR for solving my problem.

Overall I had a great fun weekend apart from the following aggrevating things:
1.Some stations running CB-style with all buttons fully clockwise and
processor.
One station was almost 7KHz wide in both directions. OK - I have a lousy radio
with no filter but still.
2.My AFC problem.

Below some data on how I did. Rookie style I guess but I am just learning.
HIHI
73 Magnus SM6WET

PS. Will certainly be active in the CQ WPX RTTY next time. Be sure to put my
contest call 8S6T in your super check partials lists.

          80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    EU       0     30     67     20      0     117    51.8
    AS       0      1      9     17      0      27    11.9
    OC       0      0      2      3      0       5     2.2
    SA       0      0      4      7      0      11     4.9
    AF       0      0      2      4      0       6     2.7
    NA       0      0     35     25      0      60    26.5

          80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total

    4L                            1              1
    4X                            2              2
    5B              1      1      2              4
    9A                     2                     2
    9J                            1              1
   9M2                     1                     1
    9U                            1              1
    CN                     1      1              2
    CT              1             2              3
   CT3                     1                     1
    DL              3             1              4
    EA                     2      7              9
   EA9                            1              1
    EI                     1                     1
    ER                     1                     1
    EU              1                            1
     F                     2                     2
     G                     1                     1
    GI                     1                     1
    GW                     1                     1
    HA              2                            2
    HB              1                            1
   HC8                     1      1              2
    HI                            2              2
     I              2     11                    13
   IT9                     2      2              4
     K                    30     20             50
    KL                     1                     1
   KP2                            1              1
    LA                     1                     1
    LU                            3              3
    LZ              1      1                     2
    OE                     1                     1
    OK              2                            2
    ON              1                            1
    PA              1                            1
   PJ2                            1              1
    PY                     2      2              4
    S5                     3      1              4
    SM                            1              1
    SP              1                            1
    SV                     3      3              6
   SV9                     1      1              2
    T9                     1                     1
    TF                     1                     1
    UA              7     15      1             23
   UA9                     6      8             14
    UN                     1      2              3
    UR              5     12                    17
    VE                     4      2              6
    VK                     1      1              2
    VU                            1              1
    YB                     1      2              3
    YO                            1              1
    YU              1      3                     4
    YV                     1                     1
    Z3              1      1                     2
   ZC4                            1              1