[3830] NAQP CW N6TR(@K7RE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tree@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6TR(@K7RE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:42:06 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6TR
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: K7RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDAK
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:    1     1
   80:   10     8
   40:  190    44
   20:  280    49
   15:   54    21
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total:  541   128  Total Score = 69,248

Club:

Team: Azenmokers 1

Comments:

I found myself in South Dakota during the NAQP CW - as part of a trip with my
dad to see his grandfather's homestead in the badlands (now a wilderness
perserve).  Many thanks for Brian, K7RE, and Joanna for letting me use their
station.  Conditions were not very good on 15/10 and local thunderstorms made
the low bands almost unusable.  A couple of quick DX-peditions to the Wyoming
side of the board (just 6 miles down the road) helped keep things exciting.

At K7RE - two TS850s with a 3 element tribander, a 2 element tribander and
various wires for the low bands.

At K7RAT/M in Wyoming - one TS850s with Hustler resonators except ten meters
which I have a full quarter wave for.  Congrats to W6EEN (N6RT) who nabbed me on
40 bands, and KC1XX and K5KA who could hear me on 80 meters.

Pictures are available at http://www.kkn.net/~tree/gallery/album05

K7RE/m also made a few Wyoming QSOs and I also worked W0ETT/M, so there were
several Wyoming stations on.  I did hear someone sending SD near the start of
the contest, but didn't get their call.

There needs to be two sets of records - one for the January running and another
for the August running.  The two contests are simply not comparable.