[3830] ARRL June VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.omara@oakmgmt.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W4IY Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:58:24 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: W4IY
Operator(s): KA4CKI, WA0DYJ, W7IY, W4NF, W4RM, W4DAV, WA4TK, N3WSO, K5VG,
N4NRO, AA4SI, KG4URL, W4CE, KG4TVL, K5OF, N4DSL, WA4HR, W4DC, KE4BUS, KG4UHO
Station: W4IY

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FM08 Flag Pole Knob

    6:  438    96
    2:  341    49
  222:   97    34
  432:  149    39
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total: 1025   218  Total Score = 277,078

Club: Woodbridge Wireless

Comments:

Congratulations to the W3SO Team.  While there were not the Number 1 LM Team
that is who we were aiming to beat.  We were no where close to the K8GP LM
score.  We had a lot of new ops on the hill this time and we hope we can
continue with a large team in September.  Six meters was spotty with no real
sustatined Es and the other bands seemed to be fairly flat as well.  We scaled
back this time and didn't bring the FT1000's and transverters (used IC746s,
TS2000 and FT736R) nor did we use the mast mounted preamps on 2 and 432 like we
normally do.  For simplicity sake we didn't run W4AD's EME 2 meter amp as he
didn't make the trip this time.  We'll see in September if we can bring up the
big stuff again and there was a vote on the mountain to retire the Cushcraft
32-19 2 Meter stack and replace it with either C3i or MSquared antennas.  I
guess whoever can give us the best deal.  We had a lot of fun even though we
were in the clouds for the better part of 4 days.  CU all in September from
FM08jm, Flag Pole Knob, VA 4300' ASL.  73, Jack W4NF