[3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8IR/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:16:15 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8IR/M
Operator(s): K8IR KG8CX
Station: K8IR/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: MI

   80:   28
   40:  368     84
--------------------
Total:  529     84  CW Mults = 57  Ph Mults = 32  Total Score = 101,638

Club: M&M ARC

Comments:

It was a beautiful spring day in the Upper Peninsula.  Our goals were 600
contacts and making all 15 counties.  We accomplished both, although poor
scheduling at the end left us just 4 minutes for Gogebic County.

The daytime conditions were much better than the last two years, but the
last two hours were tough. 40 became rather strange, and the QRN on 80
seemed to keep anyone from hearing us.

This was the first time out with a new FT857D.  The hope for a better
noise blanker proved to work out, after some adjustments on the fly.
While the ignition noise was less of a problem, we found some extremely
noisy power lines, especially along some of the back roads.  We apolgize
for becoming temporarily deaf at times.

Thanks to all who called in. As usual, it was a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to the FQP next weekend.