[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:48:01 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers

Comments:

20 meters was dead by 0200Z.  So 40 meters was the money band.  I was fortunate
to have heard a weak VE beneath a group calling me on 20 and went back to find
Andy, VE9DX calling.  Thanks Andy!

Missed an XE although I heard him several times on 20 and 40.  Missed a VE1
heard once on 20, so two known mults got away.  I believe I heard a RI station,
but not sure about that.  But all in all the mult total seems good without
knowing any other scores.  KL7WV was pounding in on 40 meters!  I used some TR
tips from the maestro, K4AAA, and I think it helped.  Amazing that I heard him
only once!  Pardon me for calling on the wrong frequencies several times when I
was trying to get TR to get untangled.  Got called a lid once.  Sorry.  There
were several times when I missed loud CQers as my inexperience resulted in not
getting TR onto the right band and S&P mode at times.

The usage of names like Cat and others makes it hard when these names are
different from the name data base, as one must delete the "regular" names and
insert the "new" names. That took a while and I had some dead time during some
QSOs making the change.

Was disappointed to find five dupes in the QSO total.  I hope my accuracy was
OK, as doing the SO2R thing and calling a lot on the "inactive radio" gets hairy
from time to time.  It's a pleasure to mix it up with such good operators in the
Sprint.  It's always weird to miss some of the great operators with high scores.
 I heard Gator at K5TR only once or twice and believe we worked on only one
band, even though he is loud on all the three bands here.

I hope my newly de-clicked MPs sounded as good as I think they did.

Thanks to several of the CTDXCC members for getting on and working the boys even
though they did not sign on for the Austin Powers.