[3830] NAQP SSB W7LSK M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ng7z@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W7LSK M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 17:34:06 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W7LSK
Operator(s): PAUL, NG7Z BILL W7LSK
Station: W7LSK

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Gold Bar WA

   40:   36    14
   20:   49    21
   15:   43    18
   10:    8     3
-------------------
Total:  136    56  Total Score = 7,616

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

This was Bill's first contest. We went to his camping club in Gold Bar, WA and
set up shop in a 35 foot trailer. It's in a heavily wooded area up against a
tall mountain to the east. Our antennas were a Force 12 40XK multiband vertical
dipole and a 40 meter dipole up 45 feet. We strung the dipole in the trees using
a slingshot. It was a YoYo dipole and worked actually quite well. Being a CW
guy, it was an interesting foray into phone contesting for me. I actually
enjoyed it with the fast pace and short exchanges. Kinda like CW. It has changed
my attitude toward phone contesting. Never thought I'd like that "other mode" hi
hi. Bill is disabled and hardly ever gets to be on HF so it was a real treat for
him. I was the chief cook and bottle washer for us. I make a killer mac and
cheese!
73 Paul NG7Z