[3830] RAC Winter WX0B(N5NU) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, je_golds@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WX0B(N5NU) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:07:53 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): N5NU
Station: WX0B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dallas TX
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:   36     21       7         5
   80:   62     75       9         9
   40:  179     21       9         9
   20:  158    232      10        12
   15:  110    175      10        12
   10:   49     95      10        11
Total:  594    619      55        58  Total Score = 863,998

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to Jay, WX0B, for allowing me to use his station!  A great plus to use
two radios.  TR says 108 second radio Q's were made.  Thanks to all of those who
changed bands for me.  Never heard a VY0.

Lots of European activity.  I wish the VE activity was greater.  I ran out of
those to work and had extended periods running Europe and US.  20 meters was
open to Northern Europe when I went to sleep at 0830z.  Worked exactly 600 VE
stations, about 350 Europeans.  Over 200 from Ontario alone.  Seems like BC had
about 130 or so.

Good to see good activity from VE1, VE2, VE4 and VE5.  Only heard two VY2's, but
moved both of them around.  (Thanks esp to LI and SS).  Had a really hard time
with VE9 on the low bands.  Special thanks to VE8RSD/QRP who called in on 15m
for moving to 10m.  Still can't believe we were able to work.

Sadly enough, never worked VY1 or VE8 on CW.  Good activity from both VY1 and
VE8 toward the end.  Several had s9+ sigs.  Sorry to the VY1 tried to call on
40SSB, couldn't pick you out from under the AM'ers.

Concentrated on moving every possible mult.  Special thanks to those of you who
moved.  I couldn't have done it without you!  Could've done better on 160m, but
I worked everything I heard.  I've never worked 113 Mults in this contest. Sadly
enough, I doubt I'll ever match it.

See yall in the next one.

73, Jason N5NU (Op, age 20)