[3830] CQWW CW K1RX M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1RX M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:57:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX, KF1V, N1IX, W1AAX, W1ZT, AA1CA, W1ZR
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Kensington, NH

  160:  116    11       41
   80:  989    24       93
   40: 1047    34      121
   20: 1427    38      132
   15: 1554    32      123
   10: 1127    29      110
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Tremendous wind conditions played havoc with our larger antenna systems.  Early
Saturday afternoon the lower stack rotor for 20/15 meters stuck at 090 degrees
which was great to Africa but not so hot toward Europe.

Late Saturday afternoon when 40 meters was just starting to open our brand new
addition this summer (4 element 40 Meter Yagi) failed when a large wind gust
snapped an insulator on one of the driven elements.  The wind was so strong that
the broken element folded parallel to the boom.  No way to fix it during the
contest as the wind made tower climbing risky.  Remember this is only a hobby.

Conditions on 40/80 meters were the best in quite awhile.  Although we listened
to the pileup for TO4WW on 80 meters for a few minutes during the last 30
minutes of the contest and threw a few calls into the fray, Europe was too
strong and we missed it.

Many thanks to the stations that QSY'ed on numerous times to other bands for
needed multipliers.

Nice to hear K3LR back on the air.

73's - the K1RX multi-op Team