[3830] CQWW CW N3BB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3BB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:44:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

  160:    8     4        6
   80:   18    11       11
   40:  514    29       71
   20:  428    27       88
   15:  555    23       82
   10:  601    25       80
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Plusses:

Conditions were very good on the high frequency bands.  The 10 run was terrific
to EU Sat morning, with 141 and 121 hours, and the 15 run outstanding Sun
morning with 140 and 137 hours, all at a nice fluid 32 WPM rate.  20 meters
stayed open all night to EU-unusual in the winter.  40 meters to Asia was
outstanding both mornings with a 107 hour in the 11Z hour.  The 15 meter runs to
EU Sunday had some of the biggest and baddest pileups on a routine USA station I
can recall.

CQWW brings out the stations!  Very exciting.

Survived my first contest with TR.  Proud of myself.  Some great features.

Negatives:

I did a stupid thing and worked on fixing the 160 meter sloper at the last
minute.  Five hours Thursday and five more Friday on the hillside with a
chainsaw and backbreaking work.  When the contest started, I was spent.  All for
8 contacts......

I took off at least seven hours each night to sleep, as I was so tired from
(see above).  Virtually no time spent on 80/160.  Makes the 160 sloper repair
timing even more weird.  But I had to fix the antenna sometime!

I took off four hours to watch my VT Hokies lose their fourth football game in
the last six Saturday.  Bummer.  It cratered my already questionable attitude.

20 hours off time total.

The chronic line noise to JA on 15 and 10 has gotten much worse.  S9 on 15 and
S7 on 10.  I must track this down and get it cleared up or else there is no hope
for me to JA any more.