[3830] SS SSB K5GA(@N1LN) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bbradford2@houston.rr.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K5GA(@N1LN) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:49:54 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5GA
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: S Tx

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

This was the first Sweepstakes SSB I've done in approximately 20 years, and it
was fun to do.

Only 1 radio also. I'm told it doesn't make much difference on SSB.

Got off to a slow start, but 40 meters was very good Saturday night which
allowed me to make up some of the deficit. 15 Meters was good all day Sunday
with constant rate mostly made up of 2s, 3s, with a smattering of 4s, 8s and
9s.

I never could get it going on 20 meters. Seeing K5TR's 20 meter hours has me
wondering if 150 miles further west makes that big of a difference. Maybe so. Of
course, I didn't have the antenna farm that George has either !

Thanks again to Bruce and Laurie for allowing me into their home for the
weekend. Their hospitality is first class.