[3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY N7GYD SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ/RJ WW RTTY N7GYD SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:03:47 -0700
                    CQ/RJ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N7GYD
Operator(s): N7GYD
Station: N7GYD

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Camano Island, WA

   40:  326  675      47      55    22
Total:  326  675      47      55    22  Total Score = 83,700

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

My first RTTY contest.  Being somewhat new to this mode, the first few hours
felt like walking around my house with a blind fold.  Once I re-oriented my ears
to a band full of warbles, it turned out to be great fun.

Loud static and static crashes the first night made it rough for the equipment
to read some signals (sorry guys); I kept thinking, if this were phone, I'd have
no trouble copying!  Conditions the second night were quite good with many big
signals from Europe!  But where did all the JA's go?  Very few heard the first
night.  I decided not to stay up that late the second night to try again.

Thanks for all the q's! And to KH6DV for encouraging me to get on the fun!
Congratulations to those big high and low power European scores!