[3830] IOTA N8II SO12Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA N8II SO12Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 05:38:10 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO12Mixed HP
QTH: WV

   40:   87      26
   20:   56      31       84      42
   15:   10       6       85      40
   10:                     1       1
Total:  153      63      170      83  Total Score = 472,602

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My goal was to look for new IOTA's, not run stations for maximum score.
  Strategy was to look for Asia at start, which proved a near total bust due
  to disturbed condx. I heard the 9M6 about S6, but nil QSO, nothing else
rare.
  15 M was about as expected, only S and W Eu for the most part. 10M netted
  one IOTA/QSO. Around 20Z things went from poor to horrible with aurora even
SW Eu sigs fluttery. 20 M closed completely to Eu at night. 40M was poor, but
  good East Coast NA IOTA activity + many Croatian IOTA stns. In the space of
  about 20 min on 20 M around 04Z I worked some goodies in OC including
  OC1,5,6,13,16,36, and ZL1MFW on new OC201. This was the 2nd year in a row it
was almost impossible to catch any new/rare Asians due to very disturbed
conditions.