[3830] BARTG Sprint K4GMH SO Expert HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint K4GMH SO Expert HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:11:22 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SO Expert HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

-----------------
Total:  593  593  Mults = 420  Total Score = 249,060

Thanks to the folks at BARTG for putting on the RTTY Sprint.  Nice contest -
like the efficient exchange.  Also, thanks to all who were kind enough to answer
my call.
Highlight had to be working Alex, A45WD, on 80 meters.  Thanks for coming down
(or up) to 80 meters.
It's amazing how I have to keep learning the same lesson over and over; in this
case it is watch what you eat the day before a contest.  I must have eatten some
tainted food, because six hours before the contest started, I was in bad shape.
At that point I wasn't thinking about the contest only getting the stuff out of
my stomach - which did happen!  My contest committment definitely became
secondary.  Still, in spite of poisoning myself the day before, the contest was
a lot of fun.
Conditions are definitely starting to show the downward solar activity.  Ten
meters did have some activity between the USA and Europe and Asia.  However, did
not think the RTTY folks tried to get as much out of the band as they could.
Fifteen and twenty meters were good while they were open.  Unfortunately, they
closed a lot earlier than we have become accoustom to.
Forty and eighty meters were fun with the added activity due to the higher
frequency bands shutting down.