[3830] TBDC VE3ZI Single Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3ZI Single Op HP
From: ve3zi@rac.ca (ve3zi@rac.ca)
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:44:42 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3ZI
Operator(s): VE3ZI
Station: VE3ZI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Sudbury
Operating Time (hrs): ~7

Total:  QSOs = 162  Total Score = 811

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This is a checklog only. I had packet cluster connected in case there was any
exciting DX - there wasn't! I know I am in a minority of about one, but I really
don't believe that cluster has any significant effect on rate/score in this or
any other contest. I also fail to see how it is remotely comparable with a
multi-operator station. (You can flame if you like, but all the arguments are
well known on both sides.)

Conditions were pretty terrible. As others have commented, lots of QSB,
generally very weak signals - most of the few Europeans I worked/heard were
coming from due South!