[3830] ARRL 10 VE7UF SO CW LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE7UF SO CW LP
From: ve7uf@shaw.ca (ve7uf@shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:08:31 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Courtenay
Operating Time (hrs): 19hrs

   CW:  979    97
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  979    97  Total Score = 379,852

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

This contest provided the worst storm I have ever experienced.  Winds reached
113 km/hr and caused the power to be intermittently out all weekend.  One power
outage caused my alarm clock to fail to wake me on Saturday morning so I lost
whatever EU opening there was.  Power was out early Sunday morning also.  I
worked only 5 EU.  The band seemed open to Asia in the evenings but activity was
much less than last year.  Fortunately just after the contest, I managed to turn
the antennas away from the wind before the power went out for 9 hours and
included most of the Comox valley.  The antenna farm survived except the tops of
2 80m 4 square elements which bent about 20 degrees from being vertical.  My
thanks to all that called.
Duane Samdmeyer, VE7UF