[3830] CQWW VHF KB8U SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KB8U SOAB HP
From: kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com (kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:20:22 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: KB8U
Operator(s): KB8U
Station: KB8U

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EN71

    6:  142    65
    2:   85    34
-------------------
Total:  227    99  Total Score = 30,888

There was excellent tropo on 2m Saturday morning to New England, but it all
dried up by the start of the contest and never returned.  6m E skip was good,
but not like the excellent conditions we had last year on that band.  There was
more activity on 2m compared to last year, though.  I never heard any Aurora
sigs.  I had some nice rag-chews on 6m SSB when the contest got slow; this
wasn't an all-out effort.

I missed some QSOs trying to move stations to 2m because the rotor isn't
indicating what direction the array is pointed (I had to run outside and look
occassionally) and the 2m amp isn't working.  Next year...