[3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP Multi-Op HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N7GP Multi-Op HP
From: n5ia@zia-connection.com (n5ia@zia-connection.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:19:48 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): W7MCO, N5IA, N7QK, K7LON
Station: W7MCO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24

QSOs: 608  States/Provinces: 54  Countries: 12  Score: 89,100

Comments:

Tried the new installation at W7MCO for the SSB 'test as we had done for the CW
'test las month.  Invited two new potential contesters to participate.  Fun was
had by all, but it was extremely slow the second night after 10 PM local.  What
a difference the sun spot cycle makes.  In 1996 and 1997 I made 25% more Qs
operating SOLP from this area than we were able to do with a multi-op effort.
Milt, N5IA