[3830] CQ160 CW AE9B SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AE9B SO HP
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (tombaugh@discoverynet.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:52:22 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B
Station: AE9B

Class: SO HP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 13

QSOs: 566  States/Provinces: 53  Countries: 6  Score: 72,806

Comments:

Contest weekend?

I've been getting hooked on Top Band.. Really enjoy it.
But this weekend it was 70 deg. F in Kansas City.
Friday during my lunch break I picked up 20 Gallons of paint and told the wife
and kids we were going to paint the house. I've been meaning to do that for a
while now.
So during the daylight hours we completely painted the exterior of our 2700 Sq
Ft, 2 story Colonial. Can't say I was tooooo tired during the evenings but... I
didn't make it through either one.
Both nights I turned in before 11 PM local time.. Just when things should have
been getting good. Sorry I missed all the DX but...

Been realizing what it means to be in the middle of the US on 160M.
Besides having to work for DX like everyone...
We spot the coasts some serious points with the EU, JA, ZL, VK connections.
Compare the totals 566 X 53 x 6 with and coastal station and you'll
see a disproportionate weighting on DX stations (no whining intended).
About 13 hours of operation netted the following.

     K     537     537
   KH6       3       3
   KP4       1       1
    V3       1       1
    VE      19      19
   VP5       1       1
    XE       2       2
    ZF       2       2

Operation from here has become increasingly fun with the addition of good
transmit verticals and a few beverages... but I'm not going to win anything
from the black hole on 160M so I'll just get
on for fun and to compete against equivalent local stations. There's something
for everyone. Thanks to those that I worked. If and DX heard me but I missed
them.. please send me an EMAIL, I'd like to
see if we could set a sked... Not many confirmed for me...

Thanks for the Bandwidth and all the contest "Q's"

FT 1000 MP
TL-922A
2- Phased Top loaded verticals
3- Beverages