[3830] AD5Q - NAQP CW SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AD5Q - NAQP CW SOAB LP
From: ids@nol.net (R.S.Hradilek)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:00:43 -0600
      Hours of Operation: 10:00

      band      QSOs      points    mults

     160         36          36      21
      80        121         121      37
      40        199         199      48
      20        173         173      44
      15        210         210      51
      10        144         144      40

     TOTAL      883         883     241      SCORE: 212,803

     Club or Team Name: TDXS#1

I didn't do this one right.

Starting the contest on 10 & 15, couldn't find good rate on either
band. Regardless of which band I was running on, over half my
contacts for the first two hours were on the 2nd radio. Conditions to
the east coast improved after many had moved to 20.

I have missed the Winter NAQP several years in a row, and didn't
adjust correctly to the higher rates vs the August contest. Thus, I
operated the first 7 hours before taking a 40 minute timeout.

Lowbands were excellent, but the time was cut short because I
hadn't taken off time earlier. Rates picked up on 80 just when I
wanted to go to 160, so I stayed on 80 for the best rates of the
contest here. The late arrival on 160 cost me at least a dozen
mults, cut short by the 10 hour time limit. I wish this were a 12
hour contest with no timeouts.

Roy -- AD5Q