[3830] CQWW SSB K3PP SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3PP SOAB(A) HP
From: k3pp@arrl.net (k3pp@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:37:34 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3PP
Operator(s): K3PP
Station: K3PP

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:     21      5     12
   80:     58     14     41
   40:    127     23     76
   20:    494     37    122
   15:    408     33    123
   10:    767     35    135
-------------------------------
Total:   1875    147    509  =  3,508,288

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was my best CQWW finish yet, with great conditions most of the weekend.  I
survived the full 48 hours despite a grueling travel week before the contest. I
seemed to have good success in the pileups, but running was difficult at times.
 Still, I had four 100-QSO hours of decent running and some with a bit less.
The SO2R system worked very well, but I'm still developing my skills there.  I
probably made less than 50 QSOs on the second radio.  It's running low power,
so an amp there will be a good investment.  My apologies to the string of JAs
at the end who were very difficult to copy from the polar flutter and sleep
deprivation.  They took me over the 3.5 Meg point, though, and I thank them for
that.  Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend!