[3830] IARU K1TO SO CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU K1TO SO CW
From: k1to@aol.com (k1to@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:03:04 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: K1TO
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO CW  Power: HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 2.8

  160:       6                 6
   80:      19                13
   40:      66                31
   20:     244                34
   15:      44                33
Total:     379        0      117  =  152,217

Club: FCG

Comments:

Storms in the area prevented any attempt at a serious effort.  K4LQ, about an
hour east of me, stated that it was the "worst day of thunderstorms since we
have been here during the past 4 1/2 years".

Finally got to sit at the rig at around 2330Z and ripped off a 175 hour, all on
20.  Nothing like being fresh meat.

Turned into an S&Per and DXer from there on out.  Heard a bunch of the HQ
stations in Europe on 160, but could not raise a single one of them.

IARU has always been one of my favorites, but in my 5 years here in FL, I have
not yet been able to complete a 24-hour effort.

Looking forward to the next running of this contest.  ;<)

73, Dan