[3830] NA9D CQ WPX CW SOAB HP Assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA9D CQ WPX CW SOAB HP Assisted
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:38:30 -0500
OK, fellas,

Here is my BIG score from the contest!

QSOs: 7
Prefixes: 7
Countries: 7

Total score: 98 points

Total operating time: about 30 minutes
Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Now let's see if that will qualify for last place (Yes, I am going to submit
it - K9PG will drag out his can of whoopass if I don't!)!  Put myself in the
high power, assisted category by virtue of running the FT-1000D at full
power.

I am not much of a CW op, but wanted to get on and do some practice.  Didn't
have much time this weekend as we had lots of projects on the house to do.
So, I snuck in a half hour of time after the xyl went to bed on Saturday
night.  I had a lot of fun.  Would have liked to do more, but was just too
tired.

Using packet was kind of a joke to assist me.  During my operating time, I
think I used one spot to make a QSO and that spot had the call listed
incorrectly.  All my other Qs ended up being spotted by me.

Anyhow, perhaps I'll do it more next year.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden