[3830] WPX CW LA8OM SO(TS)AB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LA8OM SO(TS)AB LP
From: quale@online.no (quale@online.no)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 17:53:39 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: LA8OM
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     94
   40:    268
   20:    380
   15:    403
   10:    118
-------------------------------
Total:   1263 x    513  =  1,362,528

After being QRT for nearly 30 years, a car radio size Alinco DX-70 tcvr was
regarded a light investment re-entry to the addicting hobby of ham radio.  With
an automatic antenna tuner and Inverted Vee outside the attic window, I was
back on the air in February this year.  Wow!  Like being the high-school boy
again...

Applied technology for contesters has changed a lot since 1971, when I last
joined one of these games.  Understand computers do most of the work nowadays,
and I have stretched it to manual logging software (a must) and memory keyer -
not (yet) ready to accept that CW operation shall be originated on the PC
keyboard.

Given the working conditions I'm pleased with the score.  Time will show if any
future equipment upgrade may contribute to improved figures.  The question is
more whether my total absence from family life will be appreciated during more
week-ends.....