[3830] ARRLDX SSB PA5AT SOSB/10 LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB PA5AT SOSB/10 LP
From: ulli@wxs.nl (ulli@wxs.nl)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 06:44:41 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: PA5AT
Operator(s): PA5AT
Station: PA5AT

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Hoofddorp

   10:    422     44
----------------------
Total:    422     44  =  55,704

first time I tried from home - what can you expect from 100wtts and a 15m wire
out of the window against all the big guns from EU, causing enormous signals in
the USA ... and QRM !
Well I tried to escape way off on almost 28.900 to "run" a very small rate of
30...hihi
I had a lot of fun though and worked much more states, than expected

Highlights:
- Getting through the pile-up for SD
- when worling w6
- when getting ME as last missing from East coast

Heard UT, but no chance toget him
Never heard any DC or MS
worked only AZ from W7 nothing else heard

My strategy:
First day S&P and work just everything what is there...
Second day try to get a clear qrg and run, as I already had 43 states the first
day...

See you next time...

Ulli, PA5AT