[3830] RTTY Roundup K2NJ SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K2NJ SOHP
From: k2nj@worldnet.att.net (Bill Inkrote)
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:13:56 -0500
Call: K2NJ

Station: IC 761 > OLD OLD Heath SB220 (slightly melted)
Antenna: KT34XA > 70'? 80M Zepp for 80/40

Class: SOAB HP? (if 350 watts is really HP)
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5
?

?? 80:??? 80
?? 40:?? 120
?? 20:??? 204
?? 15:?? 262
?? 10:??? 284
----------------------
Total:?? 950 Q's - 117 Mult's??? 111,150 Claimed Score
?

Soap Box:

Nice rates on hot bands, PSK was big disappointment, lotsa CQ - few
takers, and had to explain what a contest was!!!...
STRONG eu signals on 80 and 40 really surprised me.? Great JA signals
with very little flutter (easy print) towards end of contest...

I suggest now that there are no more Novices (well, almost) that on 40m
the domestic QSO's should take place 7100 and above, leave the DX SSB
boys alone.

Had a 13 year old kid come over? (soon to be licensed) to watch, and
with him here it forced me to operate a lot longer Saturday night than I
usually do - I usually quit at 9pm or so... went past 11 (new record for
this old guy)..

Missed MT and DE, also VE1, VO and VY1/3
Three all-time new RTTY countries for me, so not a bad weekend.