[3830] Stew Perry IV3PRK SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Stew Perry IV3PRK SO HP
From: luisprk@tin.it (luisprk@tin.it)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 04:36:26 -0500 (EST)
                     Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: IV3PRK
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
Grid Square: JN66
Operating Time (hrs):

QSOs:  148  Score: 657

Conditions should have been great with the K-index = 0 and a beatiful weather
here around, ...but noise, noise and noise : what a pity !
Best QSO's with VK6HD and VK6VZ, both real 599, and 11 JA's, which contributed
to almost half of the contest score.
Just a short opening towards NA between 03.30z to 04.30z and wkd only those
stations above the high noise level (in ME,NH,IL,FL and ONT.
The QRN was even worse on a new 200 m. Beverage, so I could only receive on my
usual 4-square mini-array.
Thereafter only 18 european contacts until 07.20z (my sunrise was 06.50z)and
daily that's the most productive DX time! ... what a strange unpredictable
Band: is that the reason why we love it so much ??