[3830] ARRL160 K3SV SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 K3SV SO HP
From: k3sv@aol.com (k3sv@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 00:04:52 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3SV
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:     674     54        8      =  85250

Club/Team: PVRC

Comments:

We could call this one the "East of the Mississippi QSO Party". I called K6SE
and N6RO several times and no cigar. Whatever K7CA is using for an antenna,
it's
working. One MN station, maybe two, and that section is normally duck soup.
Score is way down from previous years and my sleep deprevation plan went
belly-up when the rate went to 6 an hour. Stations calling CQ were wall-to-wall
and a few passes of S&P pretty much wrapped up the available stations. Under
normal condx you could work the west coast for hours. Maybe the ARRL could open
this up to a multi-multi effort, and you could partner with a CA station and
see what happens. Hey, that might be a fun category, select an East Coast/West
Coast team and see what the score might be?? That way the West Coast guys get
the EU DX and the East Coast guys get the PAC and ASIA DX. We'll have to submit
that idea to K1ZZ.  73 de Bill  K3SV