[3830] CQWW CW K0OB SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0OB SOAB(A) HP
From: k0ob@uswest.net (k0ob@uswest.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:54:09 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K0OB
Operator(s): K0OB
Station: K0OB

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      2      1      2
   80:     17      9     10
   40:     60     17     37
   20:    130     27     74
   15:    151     27     81
   10:    303     30    109
-------------------------------
Total:    663    111    313  =  776,768

Club/Team: MWA

Comments:

Equipment: 1000D 200W (500W for the tuff ones)
C4 at 50
Dipole at 45 for 80
TR 6.55

Soapbox

After doing nothing but searching and pouncing I decided Sunday
morning after 9:00 A.M. to try and run on 10 meters. Good
decision! I parked way up at 28.168 and worked 100 Europeans bare foot
in about 75 minutes. Then suddenly no one answered my CQ's for
5 minutes. A quick spin around 10, 15, and 20 showed the bands
were suddenly VERY quiet! Checking the packet screen showed
people all over the country saying the bands had just died.
The threatened solar storm had finally hit. It
took about 15 minutes I think for the bands to start to come
back but the fun was over in my book. It was a struggle to find
new ones now with conditions so I packed it in about 3:30 to keep
the family happy.

I have just enough good will left for the 10 meter contest. My
interest in CW NAQP in January is better left unsaid at this
point. :-)

73,

Greg K0OB