[3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/10 HP
From: w6ya@home.com (w6ya@home.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:53:41 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: W6YA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: CA

   10:   1163     39    141
-------------------------------
Total:   1163     39    141  =  590,220

Club/Team: SCCC

Comments:

Great conditions except for the blackout on Sunday morning.  Was that an aurora
or a solar flare?  It wiped the band out for about an hour.  For once there was
no local noise. Nothing broke. No computer crashes. What a surprise to be
called by 4W6MM during a JA run!  Most difficult contact was UK9AA at 0311z.
A61AJ was there both evenings around 0300z.  My urge to spend time hunting
multipliers with the sub VFO probably hurt the QSO total, as always. Since ZD8Z
wasn't around, my only missing zone was 36.  Once I thought TR8XX was there,
but he didn't stay long.