[3830] ARRL SS SSB K7UP SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K7UP SO HP
From: BruceAA5B@aol.com (BruceAA5B@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:00:24 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K7UP
Operator(s): AA5B
Station: K7UP

Class: SO HP
Section: NM

  160:
   80:     10
   40:    478
   20:    588
   15:    162
   10:    744
-------------------------------
Total:   1982 x     80  =  317,120

YUCK! Knew I was in trouble with low rates the first several
hours. Held my own after that (even through the very strange
condx on Sunday), but it's impossible to get back what you
lose in the first part of this contest. Never figured out
why those first hours on 10 were so bad, why I could never
get anything going on 15, or why 80% of the 10-mtr stations
didn't move the S meter on Sunday, but those are some the
things that make radio interesting.

Many thanks to John, K7UP, for letting me work out the
rust and operate SS after several years off. Looking
forward to more!

    -Bruce AA5B