[3830] ARRL SS SSB W1CRS SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB W1CRS SO LP
From: w1ctn@arrl.net (w1ctn@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:35:43 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: W1CRS
Operator(s): DAVE
Station: W1CTN

Class: SO LP
Section: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 12.7

  160:      0
   80:    253
   40:     83
   20:     99
   15:     57
   10:    190
-------------------------------
Total:    682 x     80  =  109,120

Club: CONNECTICUT RADIO SOCIETY

Comments:

As the trustee of the Connecticut Radio Club I thought it was time to take the
call out for Sweepstakes. I was very glad to hear the level of participation on
the bands. Too bad you can only work a station once, it would have been nice to
work some of the 6's and 7's I heard on 75 meters. Started hearing the west
coast at 9 pm with strong signals. My hat is off to VY1JA who did the entire
contest with a case of the flu. I'm sure glad he was there. I just have to
remember to get NWT and MAR early, they are always the tough ones.

Didn't hear a soul on 160 meters maybe next year some others will try Top Band.
My effort was only part time, but I feel I did pretty good. Over 50 Q's an hour
average is fine with me.

Here is my setup
FT 920 100 watts...the internal voice keyer (`ala Bug Light) should be standard
equipment on all rigs !!!

80 meter dipole at 40'
40 meter dipole at 50'
Classic 33 at 45'
TA32 fixed south at 25' used only twice for VI and PR contacts

Just a "derringer station" in the land of the "Big Guns" !!!

Hope to see everyone in the upcoming contests and Happy Thanksgiving from
Connecticut