[3830] ARRL SS CW K1AM SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW K1AM SO HP
From: k1am@arrl.net (k1am@arrl.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:13:36 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: K1AM
Operator(s): K1AM
Station: K1AM

Class: SO HP
Section: RI

   40:    606
   20:     68
   15:    246
   10:    236
-------------------------------
Total:   1156 x     79  =  182,648

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

    This has always been my favorite contest. Only a few frequency fights but I
don't understand why some clowns insist on moving 100 cycles from you when
you're cq'ing and then when they do get replies to their cq's they ask for many
repeats. Many years ago they could have used the excuse that they didn't hear
me. That doesn't fly anymore and hasn't for many years. I told a few who were
too close that the qrg was qrl and they cq'ed in my face. I find that zero'ing
in and calling cq will usually get them to move. :-) No, I wasn't using 2
radios but that's a whole other subject I could go on at length about when it
comes to frequency fights. Let's leave it at, noone OWNS 2 frequencies.
     Thanks for the q's. It was great fun until the big slow down on Sunday.
It's a shame that the casual contesters didn't show up after "60 Minutes" this
year. :-)

     73, Jeff K1AM