[3830] CQWW SSB N9HCA SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N9HCA SOSB/20 HP
From: N9HCA@ARRL.NET (N9HCA@ARRL.NET)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:06:02 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: N9HCA
Operator(s): N9HCA
Station: N9HCA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:    375     29     97
-------------------------------
Total:    375     29     97  =  116,550

Club/Team: NONE

Comments:

This was my second year doing this contest. I did much better this year
then last.
I would like to have a better station setup then I have now but there
is an ordinance where I live that says I shouldnt even be able to run
Ham Radio. I however have been very fortunite that nobody has complained
about it. I have a 3 element tribander on a 10 foot rooftower. I use a
Yaesu FT-920 rig and a Ameritron 800 watt amp. I would like more power
but I dont want to press my luck. In a few years I plan to move to South
Carolina. I look forward to the improved scores that should bring me. Being
in the 9th call area (the Black Hole) is not a thrill.
The scary part of this contest for me was that everything worked! All
I had to do is turn everything on.
I look forward to Sweepstakes. It will be my first attempt at it.
Thanks for all the contacts!
Eric Bayne (N9HCA)