[3830] CQWW SSB NX5M SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NX5M SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:13:57 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: TEXAS

   15:   1215     39    140
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:   1215     39    140  =  528,587

Club/Team: YEGUA VALLEY CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

I missed zone 36!
Came down with the crud between Saturday night and Sunday morning.  Did little
operating on Sunday.  Score only increased 9% from Saturday.  Some comments
have said that the bands were bad on Sunday...maybe I did not miss anything
then.
The funniest things I heard over the weekend: A multiplier pass rendevous
between two DX stations met on 21452.  In the same hour I heard another station
on 21462 calling CQ.  What was I doing up there?  I was being QRMed by what
sounded like a music broadcast station.  This qrm killed my ability to hear to
the northwest.  The signal was found to be on AM at 21485 and was a solid 40
over 9 and was creating hash all the way down to the bottom of the band (15m).
After about an hour the signal disappeared.  However, they WERE playing some
good music but it kept me from doing any operating.  Anyone have any idea where
this signal originates?
My xyl discovered a noisy power pole Friday evening off on the far eastern end
of the property about 1000 feet away from the shack as she and my daughter took
a walk.  I went into the shack to find that I had s8 buzz from east to
southeast.  Being an hour before the contest there was not much that I could do
about it.  A few whacks with a sledge hammer did not seem to help....even with
a homerun cut!
KL7RA....remember this?  (RA)"Is this frequency in use?" (5M)"No, you can have
it.....I am leaving."
(5M)"This is NX5M, you owe me one!!!"
And thanks for telling me I was 40 over in Alaska...:).

Until next time.....73!

Bob NX5M