[3830] KU8E NAQP CW SO1R

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KU8E NAQP CW SO1R
From: ku8e1@yahoo.com (Jeffrey Clarke)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 15:02:08 -0700 (PDT)

                     2000 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: OH

     Category: Single Op All Band  - SO1R       Mode: CW
Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: KU8E

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: KU8E JEFF OH

     Hours of Operation: 09:30

     band      QSOs      points    mults

     160         42          42            20
      80        145         145           39
      40        179         179           45
      20         83          83             33
      15         33          33             11
      10         12          12              4

     TOTAL      494         494     152      SCORE: 75,088

     Club or Team Name: Mad River Radio Club # 1

Comments :  I was planning a serious effort and got the radios setup and
discovered the reciever sounded dead in my TS-830S. Pulled it out of line
and looked around in it to find something obvious but couldn't find
anything. I ended up missing the first 2 hours and started late with the
plan to do 10 hours straight. The Condx totally sucked on 10 and 15 meters
and considered just quiting because my mind really wasn't in the contest
only having one radio. Took a 1/2 hour break and decided to get back on.
Not having a 2nd radio really cut into my QSO total as I had to tune for
multipliers every once in awhile instead of running rate. Oh well,  maybe
things will work better next time .......