[3830] IARU HF OE5OHO SO CW only

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF OE5OHO SO CW only
From: oe5oho@hotmail.com (Oliver Huber)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:54:08 GMT

                      IARU HF Championship -- 2000

      Call: OE5OHO                   Country:  Austria
                                     Category: Single OP CW only

     BAND      QSO   QSO-PTS   PTS/Q    ZONES  HQ STNS
                                                            OFF-Time: 5h
                                                            ON-Time: 19h
      160        1        1     1.00      0      1
       80        7        7     1.00      0      7
       40      149      521     3.50     13     18
       20      499     2089     4.19     24     22
       15      617     2671     4.33     29     21
       10      109      319     2.93     15     17

     Totals   1382     5608     4.06     81     86

                 Score: 936,536 points

Club Affiliation: Bavarian Contest Club

==
COMMENT: After heavy storms with hail the IARU HF Championship was in time
for
some relaxing QSOs. Went for higher QSO-rate and therefore missed some good
multis on the lowbands. But had tremendous fun being called by NA and Japan
at the same time, interlaced with some EU.
==

One more statistical observation  ----> THE MINI-PILEUP`S

I don`t know if it`s the same from your QTH, but at least from OE5 it`s
fascinating:

While running on one frequency from Austria there`s no continuous flow of
stations calling you. Rather more it seems like stations tend to wait on
your
frequency until they are 3-5 stations and then they all together try to call
you.
While this is no problem for me - what makes me a bit thoughtful is that my
rate-meter often shows numbers of 250 to 300 Q/h.
What happens is that immediately after you worked the mini-pileup down you
call 2 to 7 minutes without anyone calling you.
So you simply can never achieve that rates (wish OE would be a rare one!).

Yes, if your callsign appears on the cluster system at the DX you sometimes
see an increase of Q-numbers, but they dry up rather quickly.

73 es cu in the "mini-pileup`s",

                                 de Oliver OE5OHO.

PS: visit    http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho     for online logs

Visit:  http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho