[3830] CQWW W0ETC SOSB/160 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW W0ETC SOSB/160 HP
From: W0ETC@ix.netcom.com (W0ETC@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:27:04 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - SSB

Call: W0ETC
Operator(s): W0WTC
Station: W0ETC

Class: SOSB/160 HP

  160:    194     15     26
-------------------------------
Total:    194     15     26  =  6,970

Comments:

The first time in 8 or 9 years I haven't been part of the N0NI multi op crew,
but Toni's station is torn apart while he prepares for moving.  Since I'm
usually one of the late night low band ops at N0NI I decided to do a SB 160
effort.  If nothing else, doing that from the "Black Hole" proves my total lack
of sanity.

In the CQ WW tradition of somking radios or amps my IC-775 died the second
night so I finished the contest using an IC-756.  Natrually I didn't have the
narrow SSB filter installed in the 756, as I hadn't planned to use it.  There
is nothing like working a contest while tearing a radio apart to install a
different filter.

de W0ETC in IA