[3830] W4PA SSB Sprint low power

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4PA SSB Sprint low power
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:19:38 -0400 (EDT)
W4PA SSB Sprint low power score

63/24 = 1,512 in 01:30

Team: Tennessee Contest Group Dogs

Ten-Tec Omni-VI Plus 100w / 160m Inverted L + tuner

Yiiii - W9WI already made a similar comment, but 100 watts and wire
through a tuner is not the recommended method for operating the
SSB Sprint.  Actually, I was getting beat out so much for contacts
that I spent quite a bit of time listening to the streams of stations
working each other from frequency to frequency.  Right at the start
of 40m really getting going there were two huge pileups on 7.204 and
7.210 of Sprint stations all working each other one after the other
and a couple of savvy ops that were running through QSO's on 7.204
and then immediately going to 7.210, then back to 7.204 again.
Very slick !

TCGers worked: K4RO, K4BEV, W9WI, KF4ZR.  Heard: K4OOO, NY4T.

Hope everyone had fun
73
Scott W4PA

       This is the e-mail address of Scott and Mary Robbins.
        Visit the TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP at <www.k4ro.net>
         "If it sounds good, it is good" - Duke Ellington
The views expressed above do not represent the view of my employer.