[3830] KR4YL NAQP Phone

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KR4YL NAQP Phone
From: pk@ij.net (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:51:45 -0400
                   NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: KR4YL                                          Location: FL
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 100W
     Callsign of Operator: KR4YL
     Exchanged Information: KR4YL PAUL FL
     Hours of Operation: 09:49

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     ------------------------------------
     160          0           0       0
      80         40          40      20
      40         83          83      29
      20        195         195      41
      15         44          44      15
      10          1           1       1
     ------------------------------------
     TOTAL      363         363     106      SCORE: 38,478

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group #1

Just put up a new Mosley Tribander.  Hour one was 59Q, followed by 77Q.   I
had the best runs on 20m by far.  I had a few short runs on 15 and 40.
Sigs on 15 were not great.   Several tried to move me to 10 but no one was
heard.  I asked K4XS to move to 10 late for a mult.  Thanks Bill!

40 and 80 are rough in Florida in the summer.  The lack of mults on 15 and
10 hurt my score.  I stayed on until 0530Z hoping that 80 might go longer.
It took awhile to pick up TX on 80.

Wish I had a better antenna for 40.  Seems thats where alot of you guys
really had good numbers on 40 overall.

The tribander played well!  Its a personal best.

Lots of TN guys on as usual.   Worked K4XS on 5 bands and several on 4
bands.  I worked fellow FCGers WC4E and W4ZW on 75 late.

73 Paul
KR4YL

73
Paul