[3830] W0AIH 10m/SO/HP/SSB/unasisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W0AIH 10m/SO/HP/SSB/unasisted
From: tonyjw@primenet.com (TONY WANSCHURA)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:53:16 +0000
Hi all,

Here are the 10 meter contest results for W0AIH (SO,HP,SSB, unasisted):

Operator: KM0O
Hours of operation: 25.5
QSOs: 2156
Countries: 95
Sections: 61 (missed 2 mm regions, VE2, and DC)
Score: 672,672
Location: Eau Claire, western WI

Here in the far northland the band goes unbelievably dead after about
6pm, so I decided to sleep a good 7 hours each night to be in good shape
for daytime operations. Rate meter peaked at over 300/hr; average for
the entire contest was 86/hr. More than 99% of op time was running
stations; very little S&P (got only 2 or 3 mults that way).

The CT DVP died Sunday morning, so I had to talk all the way through
Sunday til quitting time. Sore throat lozenges numbed my tongue: had a
terrible time for a while saying "Whiskey Zero Alpha India Hotel" (which
is a tongue-twister under even the best of circumstances).

Conditions were surprisingly good on Sunday.  Quit on Saturday evening
with 1200 Qs, did 950 more the next day (more than expected). Did anyone
work an OH?

Equipment: IC765, Alpha 86, and (mostly) a 5/5/5/5 rotating stack (also
5el at 200 ft and 6el at 53 ft).

10 is my favorite contest band after 160.  It's good to hear it in such
good shape!

Tony, KM0O