[3830] NY4T NAQP SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NY4T NAQP SSB
From: ny4t@home.com (ny4t)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 13:39:10 -0500
NY4T
        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group #2

  160SSB       7           7          7       4
   80SSB      73          73         73      26
   40SSB      80          80         80      30
   20SSB     101         101        101      38
   15SSB      87          87         87      32
   10SSB      26          26         26      13

 Totals      374         374        374     143

    Final Score = 53482 points.

Rigs: Kenwood TS450SAT (10-75M)
      Kenwood TS50S (160M)
Antenna: 300' wire loop, ladderline feed, 15-70', diagonal
DVK: none

Couldn't get a run going on 20 until about 7:30.  Wasted first 15
minutes of
contest trying to run on 20.  80 is usually my best band but it didn't
develop
for me.  Was working everyone I heard but guess summer condx are just
crummy.
Interesting E opening on 10 to upper midwest.  Didn't hear many on 160M.
All in all, I feel like I made a good effort.  Lower score and less
QSO's
than January but more mults.  Murphy visited me rather than my equipment
before test.  Pinched a nerve that runs from shoulder to neck night
before
then got hiccups an hour before test.  Funny thing, I know how to cure
hiccups
in about 90% of folks, but when I get em, I'm stuck with em.  Luckily
they
quit just 10 minutes before the test as I was starting to weigh the
advantages
of starting later or going all s&p for a while.  Lots of TCG in log and
several comments about us being everywher ;)  Nice work folks, I had a
blast.  Now if I can just get my decrepit frame outta this lazyboy.

73,
Lee (NY4T)
http://www.members.home.com/ny4t
"he who hesitates is lost....and vice versa."