[3830] ARRL DX 98 CW : F6FGZ

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL DX 98 CW : F6FGZ
From: f6fgz@wanadoo.fr (Gerard Parat)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 18:14:14 +0000
     Call: F6FGZ                    Country:  France
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator High
Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV

      160      148      444          35
       80      382     1146          43
       40      785     2355          52
       20      935     2805          55
       15      629     1887          54
       10        0        0           0
     -----------------------------------

     Totals   2879     8637         239  =   2,064,243

Equipment Description: TS850 + AL1500
                       20/15/10 : KT34-XA at 21m
                       40 : 40-2CD at 23m
                       80 : delta-loop
                       160 : 21m shunt-fed tower
                       520 ft Beverage

Comments : 40m was not as well as last year at the start of the contest.
80m was
           fine the first night after, power lines were not too noisy.
160m didn't
           go throught west coast. I have no qso with W7 but AZ on 80m,
I have to
           improve something in my antenna system, a 4-square if I can
manage to
           built it. 20m and 15m were in good shape, and I am sure I
missed some
           states on 10m, but it's difficult to sample at the good times
with
           one transceiver and one tribander. Monobanders seems to be
the solution.
           Anyway, new sun cycle is going and 10m will wake up! See you
next year.