[3830] CQ WW 160 F6BEE SOHP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQ WW 160 F6BEE SOHP
From: Jacques.Saget@dassault-elec.fr (Jacques Saget)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:56:07 +0100 (MET)
                      CQ 160 METER CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: F6BEE                    Country:  France
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator
                                              High Power / Unassisted

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    538    3376      35      57    =   310,592
     Time on : 11.8 hours

All reports sent were 599 F.

Equipment Description:
TS950SD / ALPHA 91b    24 m shunt fed tower
525' beverage to US, 400' beverage to Asia

Club Affiliation: French Contest Club

Continental breakdown

North America   CW   126    23.2
South America   CW     0     0.0
Europe          CW   398    73.4
Asia            CW    14     2.6
Africa          CW     4     0.7
Oceania         CW     0     0.0

Sopabox comments:
Called a deaf J45T along with many europeans; also heard 9K2MU who
had a better copy on Northern Eu. No way to be heard in NM and LA
and also missed a VE2 calling other Europeans. Thanks to EA9EU and
7X2RO for calling me in one of the few productive runs I had.
I finally found that the main problem of my station was the big mass
located between the operating chair and radio! As I hardly sleep during
the day, I went to bed from 2100 to 0200z on saturday night. I suspect
I missed some good stuff! One more thing to fix here, if possible.
 A post contest check on my cluster node confirmed my impression that very
 few exotic DX stations were on.
CU in next the contest, as soon as the WX will come nicer to allow antenna
fixes, the New Year's wind storm having played with the 40 m beam reflector.
Note: Two CW contests were simultaneously operated from my station this WE
as F5MZN/P was single-oping in the REF contest; it was worth the trip to the
frozen Normandy.

73 de Jacques, F6BEE (sometimes TM2Y)