[3830] K5OY 98 NAQP CW SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K5OY 98 NAQP CW SO
From: tv4029weather@ipa.net (Steve Gibbs)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:17:30 -0800
                       1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K5OY                                      Location: AR

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW         Power: 150W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     Exchanged Information: K5OY STEVE AR

     Hours of Operation: 07:27

     band      QSOs     points    mults    Antenna
     ----------------------------------
     160          1         1        1      G5RV @ 20'
      80         65        65       37         "
      40        115       115       36         "
      20        158       158       42         "
      15         39        39       18         "
      10          4         4        4         "
     ---------------------------------
     TOTAL      382       382      138      SCORE: 52,716

     Comments:
         For years, I've been reading about the problems others have
         when Murphy comes a callin'.  I wondered how that could be as
         I never came close to an equipment failure in any way, shape,
         or form, until now.  Murphy came.  And stayed for dinner.  And
         wouldn't leave.  At first, I asked him to leave nicely.  No
         good.  I then cursed him profusely.  Still wouldn't go.  I then
         accepted the fact that he wanted to stay and emjoy my company.
         Computer failures.  RF problems.  Being called into work. A
         vertical antenna that wouldn't load up.  All contributed to a
         score worse than last August's effort.  However, I did exceed
         my rate goal of 50/hr.  And the enjoyment factor when the
         stuff was working was really high.  Could only get 40 Watts out
         on 40, yet still made several contacts.  80 was a nice way to
         close out the show on a high note.
         Another note.  Thanks Jim for the nice comment.  My pleasure!!
         Looking forward to phone to make up for the cw.  Will have new
         cables and connections and we'll see what happens.

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY on 01/10/1998

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Name: Steve Gibbs                     Call: K5OY
           22 Aberdeen Ct
           Ft Smith, AR  72908